Ni-Kshay Mitra is a central government initiative to eradicate Tuberculosis in the country
Lanjigarh, September, 2023: Vedanta Limited, Lanjigarh, India’s premier producer of metallurgical grade alumina, was felicitated by the Chief District Medical & Public Health Office, Kalahandi for its outstanding contribution towards the
The company was honoured in the presence of honorable Member of Parliament, Sri Basanta Kumar Panda,for its persistent efforts in implementing the Ni-Kshay Mitra program. Collaborating with the District Health Administration, Kalahandi, Vedanta Ltd., Lanjigarh has been actively covering Lanjigarh, Narla, and Kesinga blocks of the Kalahandi district in Odisha.
To ensure seamless and expedient care, Vedanta Lanjigarh has undertaken various measures, including free diagnostics and medicines, community awareness campaigns, counseling, distribution of more than 1000 nutrition baskets, and establishing a community support system for TB patients. Additionally, its Mobile Health Units (MHUs), operating in over 65 villages each month, conduct regular health check-ups, free screenings, and refer patients to Vedanta Hospital to prevent TB cases in the community.
Mr. GG Pal, Dy. CEO, Vedanta Ltd., Alumina Business, said, “The welfare and health of our community is of paramount important to us. Aligned with the Prime Minister’s vision of a ‘TB Mukt Bharat’ (Tuberculosis-free India), we take pride in collaborating with the Kalahandi District Administration to spread awareness about tuberculosis. These initiatives complement our holistic health and wellness programs designed for the well-being of our community members.”
Dr. Niharanjan Panda, Additional District Public Health Officer & District TB Officer, said, “Vedanta Lanjigarh has always been at the forefront of ensuring community health and well-being in the region. They have supported the District Administration to augment healthcare facilities in Lanjigarh and nearby areas. Ni-Kshay Mitra stands as a prime example, with Vedanta Lanjigarh leading the charge in Kalahandi District. We are grateful for their invaluable contributions to healthcare in Kalahandi.”
Vedanta Aluminium provides a wide spectrum of basic and specialized health services in and around its areas of operations in Lanjigarh, including:
- Vedanta Hospital, Lanjigarh: The Vedanta Hospital at Lanjigarh provides free of cost medical facilities to over 60,000 people across the communities annually.
- Mobile Health Units: The company operates Mobile Health Units in its areas of operation, providing basic doorstep healthcare services, as per a pre-determined schedule to over 22,000 patients from over 65 villages in Kalahandi district
- Nand Ghars: Through its Nand Ghars, which are modernized anganwadis that act as centres of women & child development, Vedanta Aluminium provides quality healthcare and proper nutrition to young children, pregnant women, and new mothers
- Health camps: The company regularly conducts mega health camps in Lanjigarh with the assistance of medical personnel from government hospitals, providing free-of-cost, quality healthcare in remote parts of Odisha. The health camp initiative had more than 4000 unique beneficiaries in FY23 alone
- Sanitation drives: To promote health and hygiene in the community, the company also organises cleanliness & sanitation drives where hygiene practices like handwashing are promoted. Moreover, employee volunteers work with the local populace to clean and disinfect drains & streets to help prevent infectious diseases.
- Cataract Surgeries: The company provides cataract surgeries to over 220 patients in Lanjigarh in FY23