Bhubaneswar: Railway authorities have cancelled and short terminated more trains passing through Odisha from Visakhapatnam in view of nationwide protests against Central Government’s Agnipath military recruitment scheme.
“No train will be dealt at Visakhapatnam Railway Station from 6 am to 2 pm on June 18 in view of agitation,” the East Coast Railway (ECoR) stated in a release.
CANCELLATION OF TRAINS:
01. 08522/08521 Visakhapatnam-Gunupur-Visakhapatnam Special from both sides on 18.06.2022.
02. 18551/18552 Visakhapatnam-Kirandul-Visakhapatnam Express from Visakhapatnam on 18.06.2022 and from Kirandul on 19.06.2022.
03. 17240/17239 Visakhapatnam-Guntur-Visakhapatnam Simhadri Express from Visakhapatnam on 18.06.2022 and from Guntur on 19.06.2022.
04. 12807/12808 Visakhapatnam-Nizamuddin-Visakhapatnam Samata Express from Visakhapatnam on 18.06.2022 and from Nizamuddin on 20.06.2022.
05. 22819/22820 Bhubaneswar-Visakhapatnam-Bhubaneswar Inter City Express from both sides on 18.06.2022.
06. 17015 Bhubaneswar-Secunderabad Visakha Express from Bhubaneswar on 18.05.2022.
PARTIAL CANCELLATION AND CHANGE IN ORIGINATING STATION:
01. 12728 Hyderabad-Visakhapatnam Godavari Express from Hyderabad on 17.06.2022 will end its journey at Duvvada instead of Visakhapatnam.
02. 18517 Korba-Visakhapatnam Express from Korba on 17.06.2022 ill run up to Kottavalasa and will rmain cancelled from Kottavalasa to Visakhapatnam.
03. 12862 Kacheguda-Visakhapatnam Express from Kacheguda on 17.06.2022 will end its journey at Duvvada.
04. 12740 Secunderabad-Visakhapatnam Garib Rath Express from Secunderabad on 17.06.2022 will run up to Duvvada.
05. 22873 Digha-Visakhapatnam Express from Digha on 17.06.2022 will run up to Kottavalasa and will remain cancelled from Kottavalasa to Visakhapatnam.
06. 17219 Machelipatnam-Visakhapatnam Express from Machelipatnam on 17.06.2022 will run up to Anakapalli and will return back to Machelipatnam from Anakapalli as 17220 on 18.06.2022. Will remain cancelled between Anakapalli & Visakhapatnam from both the directions.
07. 17267 Kakinada Port-Visakhapatnam Express from Kakinada Port on 17.06.2022 will run up to Anakapalli and will return back to Kakinada Port from Anakapalli as 17268 on 18.06.2022. Will remain cancelled between Anakapalli & Visakhapatnam from both the directions.
08. 22708 Tirupati-Visakhapatnam Double Decker Express from Tirupati on 17.06.2022 will run up to Anakapalli and will return back to Tirupati from Anakapalli as 22707 on 18.06.2022. Will remain cancelled between Anakapalli & Visakhapatnam from both the directions.
PASSING THROUGH TRAINS TO AVOID VISAKHAPATNAM AND RUN VIA SIMHACHALAM NORTH AND DUVVADA:
01. 22807 Santragachhi-Chennai AC Super Fast Express from Santragachhi on 17.06.2022.
02. 12840 Chennai-Howrah Mail from Chennai on 17.06.2022.
03. 13351 Dhanbad-Alleppey Express from Dhanbad on 17.06.2022.
04. 18048 Vasco-da-gama-Howrah Amaravati Express from Vasco-da-gama on 17.06.2022.
05. 12889 Tata-Yesvantpur Express from Tata on 17.06.2022.
06. 17243 Guntur-Rayagada Express from Guntur on 17.06.2022.
07. 12664 Tiruchchirapalli-Howrah Express from Tiruchchirapalli on 17.06.2022.
08. 18464 Bangalore-Bhubaneswar Prashanti Express from Bangalore on 17.06.2022.
Yesterday, six trains scheduled to pass through Odisha were cancelled for specific dates in view of the protests across the country over the Agnipath scheme.
The trains included:
01. 12253 Yesvantpur-Bhagalpur Express from Yesvantpur on 18.06.2022.
02. 08439 Puri-Patna Express from Puri on 18.06.2022.
03. 08440 Patna-Puri Express from Patna on 19.06.2022.
04. 20823 Puri-Ajmer Express from Puri on 20.06.2022.
05. 20824 Ajmer-Puri Express from Ajmer on 23.06.2022.
06. 22643 Ernakulam-Patna Express from Ernakulam on 20.06.2022.